ILLAWARRA ABORIGINAL MEDICAL SERVICE
Health Services Team (HST) Manager
The Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service is a Community Controlled Organisation, which prides itself on providing Illawarra Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples with high quality, appropriate, efficient and effective primary health care and related services.
We are looking for a HST Manager to join our team and to uphold our Organisations Vision. The successful applicant will be a confident and experienced Manager with an inclusive Management style. They will be able to utilise their exceptional organisational skills and take responsibility for the key performance areas that make the Health Services Team successful.
The HST Manager will report to the Deputy CEO and will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of a range of high quality, culturally appropriate, health services to clients of the IAMS
- Daily management of clinical staff, providing support and supervision, build capacity of staff, and provide access to training and development opportunities as required
- Identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Nationally recognised qualifications in medical practice management, or clinical qualifications such as RN
- Extensive experience (minimum 3 years) in a similar role, including experience in leadership, people management and organisational abilities relevant to a clinical environment
- A comprehensive understanding of the health issues impacting the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a strong commitment to improving health outcomes
- Knowledge of the Medicare Benefits Schedule, Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) and Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) Portal
- Experience in clinical accreditation processes
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including the use of Microsoft Office applications, clinical record and data management systems and software (Communicare, or similar system)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information
- Proficiency in report writing and demonstrated ability to develop, organise and maintain clinical records and reports in a timely manner
- Cleared National Criminal Check
- Current driver’s licence
The position will be full time; 38 hours per week, with these hours being between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday and negotiated with the successful applicant.
The Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service considers that being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification under S14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
Applications close 5pm Friday 19 July 2019. Applications received after the closing date or that do not address the criteria will not be considered.