Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service
Aboriginal Mental Health Worker Fixed Term - Full Time
The IAMS is seeking a Mental Health Professional to work in a highly skilled team to deliver quality care, supporting those clients with Mental Health issues, to the local Indigenous Community.
This position is for a fixed term of 6 months, commencing in the beginning of March 2019, for Maternity Leave coverage.
- Identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Psychologist registered, or provisionally registered, with AHPRA; Allied Mental Health professional; or equivalent
- Experience working in the Mental Health field
- Demonstrated knowledge of case management
- Proven ability in counselling single clients, couples and families inclusive of youth
- Demonstrated knowledge of treatment models
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to position specific computer programs
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience in delivering training/education to clients and community
- Knowledge of local Mental Health issues in Indigenous people
The Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service considers that being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification under S14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
Applications will close at 5pm on Thursday 21st February 2019.
Applications received after the closing date or that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
A criminal record check will be carried out on successful applicant.