Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service
Durri ACMS offers the following attractive salary package for the position:
- $58,114.16 to $69,258.80 per annum
- Benefits include 9.5% superannuation, salary sacrifice, training and development and Employee Assistance Program
Purpose of the Position
The Family Partnership Workers contributes to the cultural acceptance of the program within the community and the maintenance of culturally safe visits to participating mothers and their families. The positions support the ANFPP team on a broad range of cultural issues and liaises with clients, family and community members.
- Introduces the program to prospective clients and provides advice to the team on issues that may positively influence the client’s experience within the programIntroduces the program to prospective clients and provides advice to the team on issues that may positively influence the client’s experience within the program
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the ANFPP domains
- Provide education, support and referral resources when assisting women and their families to identify and achieve their stated goals
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals/agencies involved in providing services to women and families
- Collects ANFPP data and inputs into the Data Collection System
- Minimum Cert IV Community Services and or Cert III Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care or working towards / willing to obtain
- Demonstrated experience in developing and conducting community based programs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision, together with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment, prioritise and meet deadlines, deal with matters of a sensitive and confidential nature and meet organisational demands
- Knowledge of, and connection to Macleay and or Nambucca Valley Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity with regard to client privacy and confidentiality
- Current driver’s license and current WWCC’s and National Police Check Clearance
Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service (Durri ACMS) is the preferred provider of crucial primary health care and associated services which address the wellbeing of the Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and wider communities of the Macleay Valley and Nambucca Valley regions.
Durri aims to be an employer of choice in Aboriginal health, supporting a skilled and flexible workforce.
Durri is a great place to work - a family friendly and culturally sensitive work environment that values people.
If you have a passion for indigenous health and are committed to closing the gap, then if you are successful in your application, we will welcome you to join our committed team of health professionals.