Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service
Durri ACMS offers the following attractive salary package for the position:
- $70,918.64 to $78,881.92$70,918.64 to $78,881.92 - Depending on qualifications and experience
- Benefits include 9.5% superannuation, salary sacrifice, training and development and Employee Assistance Program
Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for assisting Durri ACMS to support its communities of interest to achieve the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes through targeted health promotion initiatives.
The key objectives include:
- To work in a collaborative manner within Durri ACMS with the MNCLHD Health Promotion and Media Units and with the wider community
- Implement effective health promotion interventions and capacity building strategies
- Identification of priority health and wellbeing issues within the communities serviced by Durri ACMS
- Development of strategies to address priority health and wellbeing issues in the communities serviced by Durri ACMS
- Population health focus on reducing health inequities
- Relevant tertiary qualificationRelevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of current Health promotion theory and evidence based practice
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Health Promotion planning, implementation, evaluation and dissemination
- Demonstrated ability to use research to support best practice
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in community development and ability to establish and maintain community, government and non-government partnerships In particular ability to develop rapport and trust with Aboriginal communities across the Organisation’s footprint
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high level of organisational and team skills including ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Must hold relevant security clearances including National Police
- Current valid Driver’s license, minimum of Class “C” or equivalent
Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service (Durri ACMS) is the preferred provider of crucial primary health care and associated services which address the wellbeing of the Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and wider communities of the Macleay Valley and Nambucca Valley regions.
Durri aims to be an employer of choice in Aboriginal health, supporting a skilled and flexible workforce.
Durri is a great place to work - a family friendly and culturally sensitive work environment that values people.
If you have a passion for indigenous health and are committed to closing the gap, then if you are successful in your application, we will welcome you to join our committed team of health professionals.