Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service
Durri ACMS offers the following attractive salary package for the position:
- Male - KempseyMale
- KempseyFemale - Nambucca Heads
- $58,114.16 pa to $69,258.80 pa salary
- Benefits include 9.5% superannuation, salary sacrifice, training and development and Employee Assistance Program
This position is responsible for providing culturally appropriate prevention, early intervention services in the area of Safety and Wellbeing, and to ensure the achievement of agreed program performance indicators and improvement of health outcomes of clients. The key objectives of the role include:
- Ensure that Safety and Wellbeing components of the program are effective and culturally appropriate
- Work collaboratively with the Facilitator for Nambucca Valley Sports and Wellbeing program
- Improve Safety and Wellbeing in the Aboriginal community through leisure and leadership activities
- Plan and provide Health & Wellbeing activities within a School environment within the Nambucca and Macleay Valleys
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Cert III Aboriginal Health or willingness to obtain same within specified period or equivalent qualification accepted by Durri ACMS
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in the Safety and Wellbeing field
- Demonstrated experience with development of Social Emotional Wellbeing community programs
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating community events
- Sound knowledge of community health, public health and Aboriginal Health
- A thorough knowledge of and association with the local Aboriginal community
- Experience working with health service agencies, non-government organisation, schools, community groups and medical professionals at all levels
- Continuous developing professional competence and qualifications
- Hold all relevant security clearances including National Police Check and Working with Children clearance
- Current valid driver’s license, minimum of Class “C” or equivalent
Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service (Durri ACMS) is the preferred provider of crucial primary health care and associated services which address the wellbeing of the Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and wider communities of the Macleay Valley and Nambucca Valley regions.
Durri aims to be an employer of choice in Aboriginal health, supporting a skilled and flexible workforce.
Durri is a great place to work - a family friendly and culturally sensitive work environment that values people.
If you have a passion for indigenous health and are committed to closing the gap, then if you are successful in your application, we will welcome you to join our committed team of health professionals.