The position is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing support of Multimedia, Graphic design, Creative Services, Print Resources, on-line and web-based technologies as part of activities that support AH&MRC staff and programs, including the Aboriginal Health College (AHC). Managing the desktop publishing/designing of AHMRC corporate documents, including the Annual Report and other key executive policy and strategic documents
The position will be required to work on site at the Aboriginal Health College as directed by Management and will involve travel to the College.
- Creation and maintenance of up to date articles, messages and information on the AH&MRC and AHC website.
- Assist with the creation of e-news
- Support the technical design and development of online promotion and marketing campaigns and social networking projects.
- Web site Backup and maintenance including CPanel Operations
- Provide high-level technical support in the areas of multimedia, graphic design, creative services and print resources.
- Designing and formatting publications and multimedia resources
- Assist with writing press releases for local and national media
- Project management to ensure content is publication-ready and meets deadlines
- Foster strong working relationships with other ACCHOs and Member Services
Print Design and Support
- Assist with design print materials for various mediums of media
- Assist with design and development of the technical requirements for publications and resources (including but not limited to banners, pamphlets and posters; Newsletters, Bulletins, Updates; Indoor and Outdoor signs; PowerPoint and Word documents; Workshop, Forum and Conference Programs; Booklets and Brochures).
- Consultation with suppliers in obtaining quotes and print specifications as well as to meet the requirements of the product development, within established finance policies
- Provision of support and advice to AH&MRC and AHC staff members and Aboriginal Health College students in the preparation of material for print
- Qualifications and/or 1-2 years experience in multimedia and graphic design.
- Qualifications and/or 1-2 years experience in communications and/or marketing
- A demonstrated knowledge and demonstrated ability to design and maintain HTML based websites
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective designs for a variety of printed and electronic products, using such programs as Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Dreamweaver.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people including Aboriginal people(s) and demonstrated sound verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in preparing a range of marketing material of various media such as Web Design, Pamphlets, Newsletter and e-Newsletter, Posters.
- A commitment to customer service and an ability to maintain client and organisational confidentiality.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including an ability to plan, set and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines, and to work independently efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and to contribute to processes of continuous quality improvement.
- Experience working in the Health Sector
- Experience working with Indigenous Organisations
- Experience in Not-For-Profit organisations in particular NGO’s
- A record of success in building strategic relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience in driving and facilitating change in complex organisational settings
- Experience using MailChimp
- Experience using CMS platforms such as Joomla and Kentico