The Research, Training and Workforce Development Manager will focus on the RTO business growth, sustainability and compliance. Provide advice on workforce planning, development and structure for the Aboriginal Community Control Health Sector. Ensure the autonomy and independence of AH&MRC Ethics Committee in accordance with the Guidelines and Key Principles.
Located: Little Bay at the Aboriginal Health College
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
- An understanding of Tertiary Education and Training Sector, public affairs relating to Aboriginal Health and Research
- Excellent writing skills with proven ability to research and create clear policy documents and reports for a range of audiences
- Excellent verbal communications with ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people, government stakeholder regardless of seniority, including ability to convey complex information in an acceptable way
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Australian Skills Quality Authority, training packaging requirements and experience with government funded programs
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of new developments in the area of compliance and research ethics
- Leadership skill to coordinate the efforts of a functional team with responsibilities for several interrelated programs
- Ability to build relationships and implement an approach that leverage further opportunities
- Relevant qualification or experience in the Tertiary Education and Training Sector, Aboriginal Community Control Health Sector and/or Healthcare at a State or National level
- Experience working in the Health Sector
- Experience working with Indigenous Organisations
- Experience in Not-For-Profit organisations in particular NGO’s
- Familiarity with Government funding and the grant acquittal process
- Management and/or Health Management and/or health professional qualifications at a Cert IV, Graduate, Degree or Masters level
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop people
- A record of success in building strategic relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience in driving and facilitating change in complex organisational settings
The selection criteria must be addressed for your application to be considered.
For a confidential conversation please contact Human Resources on (02) 9212 4777.