Full-Time positions available with the Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW
AH&MRC are looking for highly skilled employees with Aboriginal Health related experience.
We currently have full-time vacancies available in our Public Health and Member Services Support units.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of Aboriginal health issues, including the social determinants of health – essential
- Bachelor qualifications preferred but not essential
- Experience working as an effective team member
- Verbal communication skills that demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively through consultative processes with Aboriginal communities
- Written communication skills that demonstrate your ability to prepare and present reports, briefs and general correspondence
- Demonstrated computer and keyboard skills to operate Microsoft programs and other business applications with knowledge of word processing and spread sheet applications
- A current driver’s license or the ability to aquire a license and capacity to undertake travel including to rural, remote and regional NSW communities and interstate
- Attractive salary and salary packaging available
- Based in Surry Hills, close to Central station and Hyde Park
The Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of New South Wales (AH&MRC) is the peak representative body and voice of Aboriginal communities on health in NSW. We represent our members, the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) that deliver culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care to their communities.
The AH&MRC is governed by a Board of Directors who are Aboriginal people elected by our members on a regional basis. We represent and support our members and their communities on Aboriginal health at state and national levels.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.