Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service
Durri ACMS offers the following attractive salary package for the position of Casual Registered Nurse - Primary Health Services
- Salary is negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience
- Benefits include 9.5% superannuation
This position is responsible for assisting Aboriginal people with a range of health and health related matters, identifying ways to improve health outcomes, providing support and professional nursing standards to all clients to ensure the achievement of agreed program performance indicators and improvement of health outcomes of clients.
The key objectives of the role include:
- Ensure the delivery of primary health care to the community
- Ensure that clinical educational and promotional activities are implemented
- Support and participate in the development of evidence based clinical pathways to improve coordination of patient care
- Plan and implement clinical care components and health maintenance through
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered Nurse (NSW) with sound post-graduate experience within a relevant clinical field, (previous experience in General Practice, Emergency Department or an Aboriginal Medical Service would be well regarded)
- Proven leadership capacity
- Sound knowledge of community health, public health and Aboriginal Health
- Experience working with health service agencies, non-government organisation, community groups and medical professionals at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to demonstrate empathy when required
- Demonstrated experience and implementation of Quality Management Systems
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and in accordance with variable workload demands
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organisation and the community
- Continuous developing professional competence and qualifications
- Ability to hold all relevant security clearances including National Police Check and Working with Children clearance
- Current valid Driver’s license, minimum of Class “C” or equivalent.
Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service (Durri ACMS) is the preferred provider of crucial primary health care and associated services which address the wellbeing of the Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and wider communities of the Macleay Valley and Nambucca Valley regions.
Durri aims to be an employer of choice in Aboriginal health, supporting a skilled and flexible workforce.
Durri is a great place to work - a family friendly and culturally sensitive work environment that values people.
If you have a passion for indigenous health and are committed to closing the gap, then if you are successful in your application, we will welcome you to join our committed team of health professionals.